Concentration of inland navigation know-how in Vienna: The third edition of the Danube Business Talks will be held on 10 and 11 October 2018. As an established forum for innovative transport and logistics solutions, the successful business platform offers international entrepreneurs, experts and other interested parties a seat in the first row to receive information on current key topics of Danube navigation.
Trends – networking – new markets
In order to position the Danube as a high-performance transport axis in the European transport network, the waterway needs special attention. Therefore the Danube Business Talks offer once again an ideal platform. Shipping companies, port and terminal operators and cargo owners will deal with current issues, illustrate new economic opportunities and discuss required impulses for the future of the Danube waterway. Which measures are currently implemented for the development and modernisation of the infrastructure? What has been done in order to improve the traffic conditions on the Danube? How can the reduction of administrative barriers within crossborder freight traffic be promoted? The aim is to develop new markets and to determine the potential of future transport opportunities.
„A Stream of Energy“
Bioenergy meets Danube logistics. With appropriate framework conditions the strengths of the Danube can be utilised in a meaningful and efficient way – consequently the spectrum of the groups of goods suitable for waterway transport is growing. This time the focus is on new markets for Danube logistics in the European bioenergy and biomass sector. Thus experts from the industry and logistics sector will be analysing promising perspectives for biomass transport on the waterway. The aspects covered will range from raw materials to end products like biodiesel or bioethanol.
Passenger navigation for the first time part of the agenda
This time passenger shipping will also be thematically covered in the event to provide insights in current developments of this fast growing industry. The goal is to identify and utilise available potentials and trends together with important national and international players. In addition, a field trip offers a practical insight into the booming passenger shipping sector on the Danube.
The Austrian EU Presidency offers a favourable framework to develop border-crossing solutions for strengthening the Danube transport axis. In addition to the international exchange between companies, authorities and politicians, the B2B-platform Danube Business Dating provides once again opportunities for establishing new business contacts.
Following high-level speakers will turn Vienna into a hotspot of current developments on the Danube waterway on the 10th and 11th October:
- NORBERT HOFER, Austrian Federal Minister, Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (welcome note)
- DÉSIRÉE OEN, Policy Advisor to Rhine-Danube Coordinator, European Commission
- HANS-PETER HASENBICHLER, Managing Director, viadonau
- GERHARD GUSSMAGG, Managing Director, Rhenus Donauhafen Krems
- WOLFGANG LÜFTNER, Managing Director, Dr. W. Lüftner Reisen GmbH
- VIATCHESLAV VDOVITCHENKO, CEO, First-DDSG Logistics Holding GmbH
- LJUBIŠA MIHAJLOVIĆ, Director, Directorate for Inland Waterways Plovput
- THOMAS BOGLER, Vice President Nautic and Technic, Viking River Cruises AG
- FRITZ LEHR, President, Pro Danube Austria (PDA) / Commercial Management, Port of Vienna
- WALTER SCHRAGEN, Head of Raw Material Procurement & Logistics, AGRANA Stärke GmbH
- MLADEN STANKOV, Trade Manager, Bulmarket DM Ltd.
- GREGOR REINDL, General Manager, Münzer Bioindustrie GmbH
- NICOLE VAN KLAVEREN, Business Manager Dry Bulk & Energy, Port of Rotterdam Authority
- GERD KRÄMER, Managing Director, Central Danube Region Marketing & Development GmbH
- BURGHART LELL, Director Operations, Avalon Waterways
- ROBERT STRAUBHAAR, CEO/President, River Advice AG
- DANIEL JARNEA, Head of Marketing Department, National Company “Maritime Ports Administration” S.A. Constanta
- RADU COMANICI, CEO, Danube Cruises Romania SRL
You wish a clear view at current trends on the Danube waterway? Register now! Here you can get more details on the event and information how to register.
An initiative of the Danube action programme of the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (bmvit).
The Danube Business Talks 2018 are organised in close cooperation with the transnational project ENERGY BARGE. A project co-funded by European Union funds (ERDF).