Since 2010 viadonauhas been carrying out focus initiatives in the field of transport development. These initiatives aim at evaluating the potential for transport by inland vessel for promising cargo types, discussing possible transport solutions and enabling cooperation between the participants from the Danube and the industry sector.
The thematic focus is set based on regular market observations and in close cooperation with the Danube logistics sector. Thus cargo types suitable for a transport by inland vessel can be identified on a regular basis.
The initiatives aim to unlock this transport potential. Within a two years’ duration the project offers a neutral platform for a knowledge and information exchange between the Danube logistics sector and the selected business branch. New transport solutions are worked out during the networking of the participants in the framework of workshops and field trips.
The following initiatives have already been implemented:
- Intermodal and rolling cargo on inland waterways (2021-2022)
- Chemical and petrochemical products on inland waterways (2019-2020)
- Building material on inland waterways (2017-2018)
- Recycling products on inland waterways (2015-2016)
- Renewable resources on inland waterways (2012-2014)
- High and Heavy transport on inland waterways (2010-2012)