PLATINA 2 (2013-2016) was a European Action supporting the coordinated implementation of the NAIADES II Action Programme “Towards quality inland waterway transport”. PLATINA 2 brought together all relevant stakeholders in a multidisciplinary knowledge network in order to foster the development of inland navigation towards a more sustainable and competitive part of the European transport network. PLATINA 2 was building on the results of the PLATINA project (2008-2012).
In accordance with NAIADES II PLATINA 2 was focusing on four thematic fields:
- Markets & Awareness
- Fleet & Innovation
- Jobs & Skills
PLATINA 2 provided technical and organisational assistance for the European Commission, member and neighbouring states, River Commissions and entrepreneurs. Thereby, PLATINA 2 supported the development and realisation of targeted activities for the implementation of the NAIADES II Action Programme.
The PLATINA 2 project team consisted of 12 partners from seven countries. The core of the consortium consisted of:
- viadonau (Austria), project coordinator
- Promotie Binnenvaart Vlaanderen (Belgium)
- Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment (Netherlands)
- Stichting STC-Group (Netherlands)
- Market analysis Danube Corridor (November 2014)
- Good Practice Manual on Waterway Maintenance (January 2016)
- Final Event and project completion (05.02.2016)
- Final Report (February 2016)
The project made a substantial contribution to the implementation of measure
14. Embed Danube navigation in European strategies of the Action Programme for the Danube 2022.