Building on the guidelines for trans-European transport networks the European Commission ordered studies as basis for the development of work plans in 2014. viadonau took part in the multimodal study for the Rhine-Danube Corridor and thereby was able to introduce the perspective of inland waterways to the work plan for the Rhine-Danube Corridor.
In phase 2 of the study the developments in the Rhine-Danube Corridor were monitored and the update of the work plan was prepared.
- Indicators for the further development of inland waterways as part of the TEN-T Corridors were harmonised at European level.
- The project list for inland waterway projects in the Rhine-Danube Corridor was updated in
- The action plan was updated in June 2016.
- The updated work plan of the European Commission (2nd Work Plan) was published in December 2016 and is available via the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/tent-coordinators-2nd-workplan-rhd.pdf.
- The project list for inland waterway projects in the Rhine-Danube Corridor was updated again in June 2017.
- The action plan was also updated again in June 2017.
- The third version of the work plan for the Rhine-Danube Corridor is currently under preparation.
The Corridor Study was completed by the end of 2017.