In 2020, the coronavirus pandemic shattered viadonau's plans to organize the Danube Business Talks in Linz. viadonau proves its persistence and is pleased to be able to invite all interested parties to an online edition of the popular exchange on a variety of Danube topics this year. This time in a "pandemic version" and under the motto "DBT goes digital", the Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Change, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) and viadonau are now organizing this internationally popular leading event for danube navigation for the forth time.
After many months of restrictions on freight shipping and even the complete standstill of passenger shipping, the crisis is now finally losing momentum. Now that the measures against the COVID-19 pandemic and the advancing vaccination phase are now having an effect across Europe, viadonau would like to actively strengthen the long-awaited and now increasingly noticeable recovery on the waterways. In exchange with its diverse potential users, it is now important to focus on common concrete perspectives for the restart of shipping on the Danube, to navigate well out of the crisis and to steer the Danube into a safe economic future.
The digital Danube Business Talks aim at the highlighting the potential of the Danube with regard to freight and passenger shipping as well as a cross-border exchange between companies, authorities and politics. The networking character of the event remains. Danube Business Dating will also take place in digital form for the first time.
- MAGNUS BRUNNER, State Secretary in the Austrian Federal Ministry of Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- DÉSIRÉE OEN, Senior Expert & Policy Advisor to Rhine-Danube Coordinator, European Commission
- HANS-PETER HASENBICHLER, Managing Director, viadonau
- FRITZ LEHR, President, European Federation of Inland Ports (EFIP) / President, Pro Danube Austria / Commercial Management, Port of Vienna
- ANDREAS REITER, Future Researcher, ZTB Zukunftsbüro
- PETRA RIFFERT, Managing Director, WGD Danube Upper Austria Tourism Association & Tourist Board Danube Upper Austria
- DANIEL BUCHMÜLLER, President, IG RiverCruise
- REINHARD WOLF, CEO, Raiffeisen Ware Austria AG
- PETER JEDLICKA, General Manager, MULTINAUT Donaulogistik GmbH
- ALEXANDER KLACSKA, Chairman of Transport and Traffic Division, Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
- MARIJKE VRINS, Global Logistics Manager, BOREALIS L.A.T.
- JUDITH ENGEL, Head of the Transport Directorate General, Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- ANDREAS REINHARDT, Head of Electricity and Gas Services, LINZ AG
- ERIK SCHULTZ, Vice Chairman, Royal BLN ‐ Schuttevaer
- BIANCA BORCA, Research Associate, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria