Comprehensive communication and targeted information from and between different stakeholders are essential components for the development of the Danube in an integrated process. Knowledge of the fundamentals and the measures already taken in the fields of environment, flood protection and navigation has to be elaborated for different target groups and disseminated by appropriate means. The BMVIT (since 2020 the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology - BMK) together with viadonau, has already taken many successful steps in this area which should be pursued further, for example by enhancing the content or the application of new methods. Another important aspect is the development of an Environmental Information System that improves communication and facilitates the planning and impact assessment of measures.
- Prepare and disseminate age- and target group- specific information materials (e.g. Annual Reports on Danube Navigation, Practical Manual for Danube Navigation, online portals on ports, shipping companies and funding opportunities, information on renaturations, flood protection, exhibitions, games, etc.)
- Develop an Environmental Information System for the planning and impact assessment of measures (e.g. database with environmental information, provision of data for research purposes)
- Customer Service - Logistics Advice
- Annual Report on Danube Navigation
- Thematic workshops and events
viadonau regularly organises events, meetings or activities in order to spread knowledge about inland navigation and the various tasks undertaken by viadonau. Details about individual events can be found in our Newsroom.