An improved range of services at terminals (e.g. equipment, connection, opening hours or additional services) and a denser network of handling facilities along the Danube are necessary to economically integrate navigation into multimodal transport chains. Besides the four public ports, private berths and project-related handling possibilities are to be considered.
- Conduct a needs analysis as to the range of services offered in ports and develop international Benchmarks
- Support the modernisation and expansion of ports and berths (execution of the Aid programme to support the development of railway sidings and terminals of the intermodal transport)
- Foster combined transport in ports (funding opportunities for combined transport, improve legislative framework)
- Improve and expand handling facilities (if necessary promote business settlements along the Danube or develop berthing places in cooperation with business partners)
- Provide infrastructure for alternative power supply